Saturday, November 6

Recipes: Soups

I once did a 3 year course in gastronomic cuisine and got a degree that allows me to open a restaurant or work in one as a chef. I never meant it to make my profession, and it stayed a hobby eversince.

Today I experimented in the kitchen. Amongst others I made 2 soups of whom I'll give the recipe here. I got them from a cookbook so I really don't get credit for them.

I'll be posting recipes regularly. If there's a recipe I liked, I'll publish it. I use a descipription as short as possible and metric measurements. If you have questions about ingredients or the preparation, just ask!

Courgette (=zucchini) soup with mascarpone
Let 1 onion (in small cubes) simmer for 5' in some oil.
Add 3 courgettes in cubes. Let simmer another 5'.
Add 1 l of chicken stock. Let simmer 20'.
Add 80 g of mascarpone.
Mix.
Add 2 tbs of green pesto, pepper and salt.
Finish with some freshly chopped basil leafs.

Carrot and honey soup
Let 1 onion (in small cubes) simmer in 2 tbs of butter.
Add 600 g of carrots in cubes.
Add 80 cl of vegetable stock. Simmer for 30'.
Mix.
Add 20 cl of cream, 1 1/2 tbs of honey (fluid) and 1 1/2 tbs of lemonjuice, salt and black pepper.
Finish with chopped parsley.
Serve hot or cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Listed on Blogwise